UPCOMING WORKSHOPS & EVENTS
Medical Career Planning offers a range of workshops for doctors, medical students and allied health practitioners. These workshop include;
- Career planning for doctors and medical students who have career uncertainty using exercises, coaching strategies and education to assist the practitioner to get clarity around their career goals. This includes clinical opportunities and non clinical opportunities.
- Career planning workshops for early career doctors to assist in identification of opportunities within the medical field - clinically and non clinically
- Career planning workshops for allied health practitioners to assist define career goals and work towards those
- Medical interview preparation workshops designed to assist the medical practitioner in interview techniques. Perfect for those applying for specialty training positions, specialist positions and registrar roles.
Medical Career Planning online workshop
Join Dr Ashe Coxon for an interactive online workshop looking at the ways to navigate the maze of career options open to health professionals.
These workshops are open to limited numbers and will include a pre-event personality test and analysis by Dr Coxon which participants will refer to during the session.
The workshop will look at:
- An introduction to career planning for doctors
- Common areas of career indecision and career confusion in doctors
- A framework to assist the doctor in identifying their areas of career interest, strengths and transferable skills to progress their career decision making (Including practical exercises)
- Explanation and discussion around Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality analysis and how personality types impact career decisions (Including practical exercises and individual personality reports)
- Discussion around individual core values and the importance of addressing these in career planning (Practical exercises and individual core values report)
- Career mapping exercises to further assist the career planning journey
- Examples of some non-traditional or creative careers that can be pursued by doctors.
Includes: Complimentary access to TWO online courses of choice from non-clinical career course (RRP $99), Discovery: a complete guide to career decision making (RRP $139); GP with Special interests (RRP $39) and/or Medical Specialty Pathways (RRP $29)
Investment: $299 (inc GST)
Date: Saturday 10th September 2022
Time: 2pm - 4.30pm AEST (QLD time)
Medical Interview Masterclass Series
Join interview coach Dr Brooke Bullock for an interactive, online workshop to hone your medical interviewing skills.
This workshop will boost your preparation for Consultant, Fellowship and speciality training program interviews where we will explore interview frameworks, techniques, pitfalls to avoid, common and uncommon questions.
You will also leave with a detailed follow up study plan to guide you up to your interview.
March 12th 2023 8.30am-12.30pm AEST BOOK HERE - MARCH
May 7th 2023 8.30am-12.30pm AEST BOOK HERE - MAY
July 16th 2023 8.30am-12.30pm AEST BOOK HERE - JULY
Workshop Price: $449BOOK YOUR TICKET
Jumpstart: Allied Health Career Planning online Workshop = $299 inc GST
This 3-hour online workshop is for allied health professionals and is designed to:
- Support those experiencing career indecision and/or reduced job satisfaction.
- Explore non-clinical career options.
- Identify your personality preferences and values and their impact on potential career pathways
- Increase confidence with CV, interview, job seeking and networking skills.
Presented by dual-qualified health professionals and career counsellors, Dr Ashe Coxon and Karina Lewis.
Next workshop TBC.
Investment cost: $299 inc GST
Enquire at [email protected] or bookings can be made below
Medical Career Planning offers training and workshops for organisations (medical and non-medical).
Each workshop is individually designed based on the organisations' needs and varies from teaching skills in counselling and coaching to the organisation, to teaching strategies on staff wellbeing, staff retention and recruitment and performance management.
Medical Career Planning staff are accredited in Myers Briggs Personality Type assessments plus extended DISC and runs workshops with organisations for their staff around personality traits, core values and skills identification.
Medical Career Planning has run workshops for many organisations including WA Health, WA PMCWA, WAGPET, NQ RTH, AMA NSW, Queensland Paediatric intensive care network, privately owned general practices and Creative Careers in Medicine.
Contact Medical Career Planning to discuss your organisational workshop requirements.